1 hr 15 mins
A walnut tart, sourced from europeancuisine.com and posted for ZWT 7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the flour in a mixing bowl cut the butter into small pieces rub the flour and butter rapidly between the tips of your fingers. Add egg and egg yolk salt and sugar blend quickly into a smooth dough.
- 2Cool in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.
- 3In a small saucepan caramelize the sugar until a light brown. Stir in all the nuts mix well add cream and honey bring to the boil.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180°C Roll out 2/3 the dough to a thickness of 3 mm. Butter a false-bottomed cake pan 20 cm in diameter dust with flour and line with the dough leaving a 3.5cm edge.
- 5Prick the pastry with a fork and pour the nut-mixture into the pan. Spread out evenly.
- 6Roll out the remaining dough cut into a circle the size of the baking pan and cover the nut-mixture. Press edges together and baste the top with egg yolk.
- 7Bake for 50-55 minutes. Take the cake out of the pan when it is lukewarm and leave it on a cake rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Engadine Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.2
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.4 mg
- Sodium 472.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 10.1 g