Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A walnut tart, sourced from europeancuisine.com and posted for ZWT 7.
- 180 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 g sugar
- 225 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 250 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg yolk
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl cut the butter into small pieces rub the flour and butter rapidly between the tips of your fingers. Add egg and egg yolk salt and sugar blend quickly into a smooth dough.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan caramelize the sugar until a light brown. Stir in all the nuts mix well add cream and honey bring to the boil.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Roll out 2/3 the dough to a thickness of 3 mm. Butter a false-bottomed cake pan 20 cm in diameter dust with flour and line with the dough leaving a 3.5cm edge.
- Prick the pastry with a fork and pour the nut-mixture into the pan. Spread out evenly.
- Roll out the remaining dough cut into a circle the size of the baking pan and cover the nut-mixture. Press edges together and baste the top with egg yolk.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Take the cake out of the pan when it is lukewarm and leave it on a cake rack to cool.