This is a delicious recipe I got off of a box of 6 cans of Rosarita refried beans. It's really quick and can be ready in under a half hour! I sometimes stuff a little bit of leftover chicken, shredded, just for a little extra something.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can rosarita refried beans
- 1 cup beef broth (I sometimes use chicken if I'm out of beef)
- 1/2 cup Wesson Oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or 1/2 cup sour cream, thinned slightly with milk
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1Place beans and broth in blender and blend on medium until pureed or smooth.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden brown. Remove onion, set aside. Pour bean mixture into skillet. Heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt.
- 3Heat the remaining oil in in medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Fry each tortilla about 10 seconds until softened. Transfer each tortilla to hot bean puree. Fold in half, then in half again to form a triangle. Transfer to individual serving plates. Top each with remaining bean puree, cream and cheese. Garnish with onion.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enfrijoladas Rosarita (Appetizer)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: