Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This rib sticking meal (or casserole) take off on a Mexican classic combines a burrito with all the sides into one incredible package. We've been eating this meal on a regular basis for the past 15 years. The next day left overs taste even better after the flavors mingle for a while. You can use any meat but we find pork stays the most moist through the process. Turkey was far too dry but you may have better luck.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 3 onions, chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 8 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 3 cups refried beans
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces black olives (optional)
- Brown the meat and 2 of the onions. Drain. Add in jalapenos tomatoes and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Heat tortillas to soften (rub with water to make more pliable).Stuff with meat mixture and put at the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Warm the beans (add a couple of Tbl of water for easier spreading) and dump beans on top of tortillas. Spread across evenly.
- Top with shredded cheese then half the black olives and remaining cilantro.
- Cook in oven at 400 degrees until cheese melts (about 10-15 minutes).
- Serve with remaining onion, black olives, lettuce, and sour cream.