Recipe by netters #2
I created this recipe when on a weight loss program and wanted a delicious alternate item for breakfast.
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons whey powder (or fat free dry milk)
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water (120' - 130' F)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid lecithin (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raw carrot
- 1⁄2 cup apple
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup natural almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2-1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate carrot and apple.
- Chop nuts and dried apricots.
- Combine undissolved yeast with next 6 dry ingredients.
- Add water, oil, honey and lecithin.
- Mix well.
- Stir in carrot, apple, raisins, nuts and dried fruit.
- Knead in enough all purpose flour so that the dough is no longer sticky.
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Punch down and roll onto floured surface to 1/2" in thickness.
- Cut into bars approx 1" X 3", or to desired shape and size.
- Place on baking sheet lightly sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Let rise for 40 min - 60 minute.
- Bake in 350' F oven for about 10 - 15 minute.