2 hrs 15 mins
netters #2's Note:
I created this recipe when on a weight loss program and wanted a delicious alternate item for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons whey powder (or fat free dry milk)
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water (120' - 130' F)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid lecithin (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw carrot
- 1/2 cup apple
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricot
- 1/4 cup natural almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2-1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1Grate carrot and apple.
- 2Chop nuts and dried apricots.
- 3Combine undissolved yeast with next 6 dry ingredients.
- 4Add water, oil, honey and lecithin.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Stir in carrot, apple, raisins, nuts and dried fruit.
- 7Knead in enough all purpose flour so that the dough is no longer sticky.
- 8Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- 9Punch down and roll onto floured surface to 1/2" in thickness.
- 10Cut into bars approx 1" X 3", or to desired shape and size.
- 11Place on baking sheet lightly sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- 12Let rise for 40 min - 60 minute.
- 13Bake in 350' F oven for about 10 - 15 minute.
Nutritional Facts for Energy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten