Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Martina Navratilova's book "Shape Yourself". I have not tried this yet, but they look really good. Time to make is a guess, since I haven't made it yet.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup plain soymilk, organic preferred (I imagine other nuts milks or rice milk would work took, or possibly regular cow's milk)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (i.e. rolled oats)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 4 dried figs, chopped (you may need to soak in water until they are pliable)
- coconut flakes
- In a saucepan, over high heat, combine the honey and milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a blender, food processor, or juicer, process the oatmeal, sesame seeds, nuts and figs until they are finely ground. Add to the honey mixture and stir to combine.
- Form into balls and dust with the coconut flakes.