Recipe by Ameliahead
I have seen this recipe both in Vegetarian Times magazine and on the Food Network website (it was on $40 a Day). It is one of the best things I have ever eaten! Everyone I've ever served it to has loved it, too. The last six ingredients are for the Roasted Garlic Viniagrette that tops the endives.
Top Review by Elmotoo
We loved this! I had to make it early & the cheese kind of melted into the dressing making it a creamy dressing which wasn't a bad thing. I sliced the endive into 1/2" pieces tossed it all about vs. composing the salad. Only The Picky One didn't care for it. I would use more oranges next time.
- 4 endives, leaves separated
- 2 oranges, supremed (cut the top and bottom off, remove the rest of the peel with a knife, and cut each section out)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For Roasted Garlic Viniagrette: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast garlic in the olive oil in a small baking dish until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to blender. Add vinegar, shallots, salt, and pepper. Blend.
- To assemble: Set leaves on a platter or plate. Fill each leave with one or two orange segments, some goat cheese crumbles, almond slices, and salt.
- Drizzle with viniagrette and top with chives.
- Chill before serving or serve immediately.