Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
This beautifully arranged salad is easy to prepare and a snap to serve.
Top Review by katia
Wordeful salad! The combination of endive and hazelnuts is excellent! I really loved it, balsamic is always my favorite in any salad. Its a simple but so elegant salad. A keeper. Thanks so much Lorrie!
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds or 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 8 small Belgian endive or 1 medium curly endive lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To toast nuts, preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spread nuts out on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Nuts can be stored in the refrigerator. Wash and separate endive into leaves.
- Dry with a clean tea towel.
- If not serving right away, place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Whisk olive oil with vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Taste and add more vinegar if needed. Dressing can be left at room temperature for several hours or refrigerated in a sealed jar.
- Vinaigrette becomes cloudy when cold.
- When ready to serve, let vinaigrette come to room temperature.
- Arrange endive on individual plates.
- Shake vinaigrette and drizzle over salad. Scatter toasted nuts over top. Serve right away.