Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister-in-law introduced me to this easy to make but sure to impress salad.
- 4 Belgian endive
- 1 red pears, cored & thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Dijon and mustard.
- Season with the 1/4 teaspoon salt and some pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing.
- Wash and dry the endive and separate the leaves onto 4 plates (1 endive per person).
- Top the endive evenly with the pear, walnuts, cheese, and avocado.
- To serve: drizzle the dressing over and top with black pepper.