This is a wonderful recipe by Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa. It is from her book "Barefoot in Paris". We paid $9.95 each for a lesser endive salad a few nights ago, so I vowed to find one to make at home and boy, did we love this!! I couldn't wait to share, and hope you like it! (Please note: this recipe has one raw egg yolk...)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 heads Belgian endive
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe bartlett pears (halved, cored and sliced)
- 1/4 lb of good Roquefort cheese
- 1/2 cup of toasted walnut halves
- 1Trim off the core end of each head of endive and slice it in half lengthwise.
- 2Cut out the cores, separate the leaves, and place 1 1/2 to 2 heads of endive on each plate.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, egg yolk, salt and pepper.
- 4Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- 5Toss the pears with some vinaigrette and place on the endive.
- 6Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the endive leaves to moisten them.
- 7Crumble the Roquefort onto the endive.
- 8Sprinkle with walnuts and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pears Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Endive, Pear and Roquefort Salad
Serving Size: 1 (895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.3
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 1288.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.0 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: