Recipe by profken
The strong flavors and assertive crunch of this salad pair well with heavier main dishes such as roasts and stews. We love it with a standing rib roast.
For the salad
- 4 head Belgian endive
- 236.59 ml walnut pieces
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
For the vinaigrette
- 59.14 ml walnut oil (can use other neutral oil such as canola, but the walnut oil gives a great flavor)
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the bottoms and very tops of the endive heads. Separate into individual leaves, and julienne the leaves into sticks. Rinse thoroughly.
- Place the endive into a salad bowl along with the walnuts and parsley. Toss together.
- Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and toss together.
- Scatter the blue cheese on top.