The strong flavors and assertive crunch of this salad pair well with heavier main dishes such as roasts and stews. We love it with a standing rib roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
For the vinaigrette
- 1Cut off the bottoms and very tops of the endive heads. Separate into individual leaves, and julienne the leaves into sticks. Rinse thoroughly.
- 2Place the endive into a salad bowl along with the walnuts and parsley. Toss together.
- 3Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and toss together.
- 4Scatter the blue cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Endive, Blue Cheese, and Walnut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 262.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g