Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The strong flavors and assertive crunch of this salad pair well with heavier main dishes such as roasts and stews. We love it with a standing rib roast.
For the salad
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
For the vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil (can use other neutral oil such as canola, but the walnut oil gives a great flavor)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut off the bottoms and very tops of the endive heads. Separate into individual leaves, and julienne the leaves into sticks. Rinse thoroughly.
- Place the endive into a salad bowl along with the walnuts and parsley. Toss together.
- Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and toss together.
- Scatter the blue cheese on top.