Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 lb raw beet, trimmed
- 3 heads Belgian endive
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons parsley, Finely Chopped
- Place the beets in a saucepan and add water to cover with salt.
- Bring to a boil until the beets are tender, about 30 minutes, depending on the size or age of the beets.
- Drain and let cool.
- Remove the skins and slice the beets.
- Trim off the bottom of the endives and cut them into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Drop the pieces into cold water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
- Add the oil and blend well with a wire whisk.
- Add the beets, endive, onion and parsley.
- Toss well and serve.