Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very Simple and Tasty Salad. I found this in Gourmet, 1999
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 firm-ripe pear (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 Belgian endive (about 1 pound)
- 1 (1/2 lb) chicory lettuce (curly endive, small head)
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Halve and core pear and thinly slice lengthwise. Cut endives crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide slices and tear chicory into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl toss greens with pear and vinaigrette.
I love the combination of bitter from the endives, sweet from the pear and tart from the dressing. Excellent! Thanks for posting.