Recipe by Debber
The original came from our local news program with the suggestion to serve it during the Super Bowl, so I did! We had to adjust some of the ingredients to make it a main dish meal.
Top Review by Bayhill
*Made for ZWT III* I love casseroles that can be put together and baked quickly for those times when you are in a hurry. This one definitely fit the bill. It went together quickly and easily and had a great flavor. I added some browned ground beef and increased the onions to about 1/2 cup. My family really liked this and I will be making it again. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 (13 ounce) package tortilla chips, divided (hold out 2 cups for topping)
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (see below)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coarsely crumble 6 cups chips into very large mixing bowl; add onion, beans, sauces and 1 1/2 cups cheese; stir to combine; spoon into 13x9 pan or casserole dish; bake for 20 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over top of casserole, then sprinkle with remaining chips and cheese; bake for another five minutes--cheese will be melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
- VARIATIONS: Add some black olives, substitute some of the sauce with salsa, serve with shredded lettuce or place on a bed of lettuce.
- HEARTY VERSION: Brown some hamburger, mix with the sauces -- .