Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great cake for St. Patrick's Day!
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- frosting (of your choice)
- gold chocolate coins (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extracts.
- combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8-in round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 mins or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost between layers and top and sides of cake.
- Decorate with chocolate coins if desired.