Recipe by Inny
I LOVE turkey drumsticks and this recipe always pleases if you love turkey sized shake 'n bake.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I thought this recipe was easy to prepare. The directions were easy to follow. We thought the turkey was good. Liked it, but DH did not love it. I used panko in place of fresh breadcrumbs, otherwise followed the directions as specified. We served with mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower. Thanks!
- 3 turkey drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin and season turkey legs with salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning salt).
- Shake the legs in a plastic bag, with seasoned (salt and pepper) flour to coat.
- Coat legs in beaten mixture of egg and Tabasco.
- Press legs in fresh bread crumbs to coat.
- Place legs on foiled baking sheet.
- Microwave butter and garlic for one minute.
- Pour melted butter mixture over turkey drumsticks.
- Sprinkle thyme on each drumstick. Bake 350 for 2-21/2 hours uncovered (but cover with foil if you think crust is getting too browned). No need to turn drumsticks over while baking.
- An hour before the meat is done you can throw buttered/oiled/seasoned halved new potatoes (or any root vegetable for that matter) to be baked alongside the drumsticks.