Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful!!! The oven does the work. Asparagus or fresh spinach is super with this. An old recipe of mine.
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown in melted margarine.
- Place in a shallow casserole.
- Mix remaining ingredients in skillet and pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 55-60 min, or until chicken juices run clear.
Mixed reviews from the kids, but my husband and I liked it. I made it with cream of celery soup as DH won't eat anything a mushroom has touched. Cooked it with twice as much chicken for my big family and there was still plenty of sauce.
Tasty chicken recipe with lots of sauce. I used sherry in place of the cooking sherry and it gave it a nice flavour. Also used boneless chicken thighs instead of the breasts. Seasoned with poultry seasoning before browning. Thanks for posting.
I made this last night for the family and everyone loved it! The only change I made was using white wine (Chardonnay) because I didn't have sherry. It does make a lot of sauce so you could easily add more chicken and have plenty of sauce for all. I served it with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. I'll definately make this again. Thanks for sharing!