I used to combine a can of tomato sauce with a bottle of Taco Bell Hot sauce to use for home made Enchiritos. I got a craving one day and didn't want to go to the store so I whizzed this up with what I had on hand. This has more body than the other version but you can sub tomato sauce for the canned tomatoes for a smoother version.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Put all ingredients into saucepan and blend with immersion blender.
- Simmer med low for 30 minutes.