Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy and tastey dinner that I came up with one day when I was bored with making the same things all the time, just kinda made it up as I went... My family and friends all love it!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (28 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) canssliced black olives
- 3 strands green onions, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans
- lots cheese
- Cook your chicken however you feel comfortable as long as it is cooked through, then shred it apart and put it into a skillet. Add your can of tomatoes/green chilis, as well as your diced green chilis, and about half of the can of enchilada sauce. Cover. Let the meat sit and simmer and soak up the flavors. I let mine sit for an hour, you can go longer or shorter depending on how much time you have, if less time use less enchilada sauce.
- Rinse beans and mix them into the meat mixture as well as a handful of cheese.
- In a 13x9 casserole dish, pour some enchilada sauce on bottom of casserole dish and put a layer of tortillas, then put the meat and bean mix on top, then more sauce, then tortillas, then meat mix again -- Then for your final layer, lay tortillas, sauce, and a good layer of cheese. Then put your sliced olives and green onions on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for about a half hour, give or take a few minutes. When the cheese is all melted and bubbly it is ready.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and dish up some plates! I like to top it off with a dollop of sour cream!