Recipe by LaraKN
One dish meal with Kielbasa, Enchilada sauce, & Pasta. My combination/variation of several recipes from Pinterest. One of our favorite weeknight meals. If you can find turkey kielbasa, that is really good too & I usually use fat free half & half.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) package polska kielbasa, sliced into rounds
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet.
- Add the sausage and onion, and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, Enchilada sauce, heavy cream, uncooked pasta, and give the mixture a good stir. Bring to a boil, cover the skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the pasta is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese & about half the green onion. Taste, and add salt & pepper as needed. Top with the remaining cheese & green onions. Cover until the cheese is melted about 3 minutes (or you can stick it under the broiler if your skillet is broiler-safe).