Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Real Simple" magazine. Serve over white rice.
Make and share this Enchilado De Camerones (Shrimp in Red Pepper Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml paprika, preferable smoked
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 177.44 ml cilantro, chopped
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 14.79 ml capers, chopped
- 411.06 g can tomatoes, drained
- 566.99 g medium shrimp
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice, plus more for serving
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- sliced avocado, for serving
- chipotle hot sauce, for serving
- queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled for serving
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Saute onions and peppers until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, cook, while stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add cilantro, wine, capers, and tomatoes (breaking up with hands).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and lime juice and cook until shrimp is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sliced avocado, chipotle flavored hot sauce, and crumbled cheese.
We followed the directions as written. This was easy to make and had good flavor. We appreciated the nice amount of heat. We used the queso fresco. Thanks for an enjoyable dinner. Made for ZWT9