1/1 Photo of Enchilado De Camerones (Shrimp in Red Pepper Sauce)
From "Real Simple" magazine. Serve over white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika, preferable smoked
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/4 lbs medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more for serving
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- sliced avocado, for serving
- chipotle hot sauce, for serving
- queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled for serving
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- 2Saute onions and peppers until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, cook, while stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 4Add cilantro, wine, capers, and tomatoes (breaking up with hands).
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Add shrimp and lime juice and cook until shrimp is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Serve with warmed tortillas, sliced avocado, chipotle flavored hot sauce, and crumbled cheese.
Browse Our Top Cuban Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cuban Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchilado De Camerones (Shrimp in Red Pepper Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 179.0 mg
- Sodium 879.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas