Recipe by Kenzie'sMomma
Awesome chicken enchiladas that my entire family loves. Great flavor and easy to prepare. I usually serve with a side salad or Spanish rice. Although verde sauce on it's own has some heat it is very mild when prepared with chicken in this dish.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) packetsfiesta hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets Sazon Goya seasoning, with coriander and annatto
- 1 (26 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) salsa verde
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 24 count mission corn tortillas (extra thin)
- 16 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and clean chicken breast and place in crockpot.
- Add 1 pkt of fiesta ranch seasoning on top of chicken.
- Add 2/3 cup of water to mix and chicken and be sure chicken is coated thoroughly.
- Add coarsely chopped onion on top of chicken and turn crock on low.
- After chicken is tender and reserve 2/3 cup broth for sauce.
- Shred chicken and drain off remaining liquid over colander to be sure to catch any onion and then return onion to chicken.
- Add 1 jar verde salsa to chicken and stir.
- Cut Monterey jack cheese into large chunks and place in chicken then stir.
- Turn on crock to high and cover for about 20 minutes.
- To make cream sauce add mushroom soup to medium sauce pan then add sour cream, Goya seasoning packets, 1/2 pkt of fiesta ranch mix, and the reserved broth and stir frequently over medium until heated.
- Soften corn tortillas in warmer then fill with chicken mixture, roll and place in 9/13 inch pan sprayed with pam.
- Top enchiladas with cream sauce. Make sure to run a scraper along edges of pan to allow sauce to fully surround enchiladas.
- Top with shredded cheddar jack and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.