1/2 Photos of Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas)
Kim D.'s Note:
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar. I hope to give it a try soon and make changes if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry tortillas in fat to soften.
- 2Heat garlic in oil then discard garlic.
- 3Blend flour into oil.
- 4Stir in green chili sauce and heat thoroughly.
- 5If mixture is too thick, add water.
- 6Add salt to taste.
- 7Layer tortillas with sauce, minced onion and cheese on oven-proof plates.
- 8Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 9Use 3 tortillas for each serving.
- 10Place in oven to allow cheese to melt.
- 11NOTE: For a real New Mexican touch place a poached or fried egg on top.
- 12The egg seems to help meld the flavors.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas)
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.3
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 444.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g