Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a traditional Mexican dish my abuela made for me.
Make and share this Enchiladas Verdes recipe from Food.com.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 lb chicken, boiled and shredded
- 1 lb oaxaca cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb tomatillo
- 5 serrano chilies
- 1 garlic clove
- corn oil
- Peel the tomatillos and boil chiles for 5 minutes,then blend with the garlic.
- In a pan,fry the tortillas with corn oil.
- In a Pyrex dish layer tortillas,salsa verde,.
- chicken,and sour cream.
- Top enchiladas with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes,.
These enchiladas were yummy! I couldn't find tomatillos at the store, so I used a can of green salsa, whirling it in the blender with fresh cilantro, jalapeno pepper and an onion. It was yummy and easy to make. Thank you for sharing.