Recipe by True Texas
Years ago Texas Power & Light, now known as TXU Electric, put out calendars every year. This recipe comes from the 1986 edition. I love any enchilada so this sounded good.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed dry
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 5 inches corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in blender or food processor container. Process until smooth; set aside.
- Fry tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil 5 seconds on each side or until softened. Drain tortillas on paper towels.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon each of cheese and onion on each tortilla; roll up and place in a lightly greased 8x12-inch baking dish.
- Spoon spinach mixture over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.