1/6 Photos of Enchiladas Suizas Con Pollo
These are SO GOOD! Pretty enough for a Ladies Luncheon, yet kid friendly, too! I like to serve them with a tossed salad, spanish or mexican rice, and refried beans and chips! (Canned/pre-cooked chicken, or a rotisserie chicken, can be substituted for quicker prep-time.) Note: These enchiladas are very mild and creamy, not spicy! Not everything in Mexico is eaten spicy hot! The filling before baking, also will taste bland. But that's because they haven't melted together. After baking, they are VERY creamy and delicious, and have a very unique flavor. Any altering of this recipe will totally change the flavor and I really wouldn't recommend it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large stewing chicken, stewed, skinned and deboned, meat cut bite-sized, can sub 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) package aged swiss cheese, shred 8 oz., thinly slice rest (4 oz.)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, don't sub. light, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can del monte original stewed tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 8 -12 soft taco-size flour tortillas, not large burrito size
- oil, for soft-frying
- 1In large bowl, combine well the chicken, the shredded cheese and 3/4 of the sour cream, set aside.
- 2Soft fry tortillas in a little oil, adding more as needed, set aside.
- 3In pie dish, pour chopped tomatoes with juice. (Break up stewed tomatoes.).
- 4In 13x9 pan, sprayed, pour a little tomato juice to lightly coat bottom of pan.
- 5Dip each tortilla in chopped tomatoes, lightly coating with juice, fill with chicken mixture, roll up, place each seam-side down into pan.
- 6(Last 3 will have to go along side the 13" side of pan.) Pour remaining tomatoes down over middle/center of filled, rolled tortillas.
- 7Top each with a slice of swiss cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, in 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- 9Top each with a dollop of sour cream, and bake 5 minutes longer.
- 10*Can sub: Mexican-Style Tomatoes and can add 1 (3 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained, to chicken mixture if desired.
- 11Note: 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts will yield 8-10 filled enchiladas using taco-sized flour tortillas. Just stew them for about 20 minutes or til done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchiladas Suizas Con Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1359.9
- Calories from Fat 882
- Total Fat 98.0 g
- Saturated Fat 44.3 g
- Cholesterol 286.2 mg
- Sodium 1008.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 71.0 g