Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Place breasts in Dutch oven.
- Add water to cover, half of onion, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt to taste. Simmer- mer 45 min.; cool and drain.
- Shred chicken; mix with 1/2 onion, Parmesan and 4 oz. jack.
- Set aside. In blender, combine Ortegas, tomatillos cream and egg.
- Blend till smooth.
- Salt to taste; set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften tortillas in oil.
- Place 1/8 chicken mixture in each tortilla; roll and place in baking dish.
- Pour chile-cream mix- mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with 4 oz. jack.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350.
- Top enchiladas with guacamole and serve. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
I couldn't find canned tomatillos, so I just drained some diced tomatoes and used those. It was great!