Recipe by mrwillard
This is a perfect enchilada dish for two! I served it with Spanish rice and refried beans. My wife said it was the best enchiladas she'd ever tasted.
Top Review by Ernest Ern
I fixed the recipe as directed and it was fair. I think, for my tastes, there was too much of a sour cream flavor and I believe I would prefer using corn tortillas rather than flour in my enchiladas.
- 5 large flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (for frying tortillas)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef or 1⁄2 lb pork
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Meat, Garlic, Onion and Bell Pepper.
- Stir in 3 tbs enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, beef broth and cilantro.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a lg frypan heat 1/4 cup oil and brown tortillas 15 sec each side.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Spoon mixture onto tortillas and roll, place seam side down in pan.
- Cover with remainder of enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 325 deg for 30 min.