Recipe by mandycakes77
My husband loves these enchiladas and ever since we went on a diet, he has been missing them. The original recipe is from the Paula Deen Celebrates book, but the one I am posting is just for me to try and lighten it up a bit. It's basically every ingredient in the original recipe, but fat free (if possible). It makes to big pans of enchiladas, so you might want to cut this in half
Top Review by mama smurf
Made half a batch (which still made enough for the two of us) and I did add some garlic and next time I will sautee some garlic and onion together. It is a rich but tasty dish. Served it with guacamole and cabbage slaw recipe#231017#231017. Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, room temp
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) diced green chilies
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 20 -24 low-carb flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts, shredding the meat with a fork after cooling.
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Spray two 13x9 pans with Pam, then pour a little enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of each pan.
- Mix together shredded chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, green chilies (do not drain), and green onions in a large bowl.
- Put two tablespoons of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, then roll up tortillas and place in pan.
- Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheeses over enchiladas.
- Cover pans in foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.