Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband loves these enchiladas and ever since we went on a diet, he has been missing them. The original recipe is from the Paula Deen Celebrates book, but the one I am posting is just for me to try and lighten it up a bit. It's basically every ingredient in the original recipe, but fat free (if possible). It makes to big pans of enchiladas, so you might want to cut this in half
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, room temp
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) diced green chilies
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 20 -24 low-carb flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil chicken breasts, shredding the meat with a fork after cooling.
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Spray two 13x9 pans with Pam, then pour a little enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of each pan.
- Mix together shredded chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, green chilies (do not drain), and green onions in a large bowl.
- Put two tablespoons of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, then roll up tortillas and place in pan.
- Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheeses over enchiladas.
- Cover pans in foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
Made half a batch (which still made enough for the two of us) and I did add some garlic and next time I will sautee some garlic and onion together. It is a rich but tasty dish. Served it with guacamole and cabbage slaw Cilantro and Green Cabbage Slaw - Tucson's El Charro#231017. Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.