Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is adapted from cooking light annual recipes. My family enjoys this sauce over canned.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheese (I use fat free mozzarella)
- 8 6-inch tortillas (I use fat free)
- fat free sour cream, for topping
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven for 375°.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add chicken and onions.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a food processor, add milk, cilantro, egg, salt and canned tomatoes blending until smooth.
- Place tortillas in paper towel and microwave on power level 5 (50%) for about 45 seconds to soften them for easier filling.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup filling and shredded cheese; roll tightly.
- Place them in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese over the top and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.