Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is adapted from cooking light annual recipes. My family enjoys this sauce over canned.
Make and share this Enchiladas de Pollo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheese (I use fat free mozzarella)
- 8 6-inch tortillas (I use fat free)
- fat free sour cream, for topping
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven for 375°.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add chicken and onions.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a food processor, add milk, cilantro, egg, salt and canned tomatoes blending until smooth.
- Place tortillas in paper towel and microwave on power level 5 (50%) for about 45 seconds to soften them for easier filling.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup filling and shredded cheese; roll tightly.
- Place them in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese over the top and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.