- vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cups chili sauce, with meat if desired
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and lightly fry tortillas until softened.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Assemble enchiladas on ovenproof plates or baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons chili on tortilla.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and onion.
- Add another tortilla, more chili, cheese and onion.
- Set a third tortilla on top.
- Spread chili sauce on that, followed by grated cheese.
- Heat in moderate oven just long enough to melt cheese.