Recipe by Margo59
One of my family's favorites. Easy to prepare, can also be made ahead and popped in the oven for supper. Serve with a tossed salad and it makes a great meal.
Top Review by luveyduvey21
I wanted enchiladas tonight so came on a searched for one and came across this one. They were very good!!! if i were making this for kids though the only thing i would change would be to put a little less taco seasoning in. thanks for the great recipe!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix or 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheese (I use cheddar, mozzarella and taco seasoned cheese, one cup each)
- 1 (10 count) package 10-inch flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauce mix, tomato paste and hot water; whisk together and set aside.
- Brown beef; salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/2 of sauce mix and 1/2 of cheeses with ground beef.
- Spoon beef mixture, evenly divided, into each of the tortillas and roll up.
- Place rolled tortillas, seam side down, in a 13 x 9 pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, sour cream or guacamole if desired.