Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my family's favorites. Easy to prepare, can also be made ahead and popped in the oven for supper. Serve with a tossed salad and it makes a great meal.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix or 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheese (I use cheddar, mozzarella and taco seasoned cheese, one cup each)
- 1 (10 count) package 10-inch flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Combine sauce mix, tomato paste and hot water; whisk together and set aside.
- Brown beef; salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/2 of sauce mix and 1/2 of cheeses with ground beef.
- Spoon beef mixture, evenly divided, into each of the tortillas and roll up.
- Place rolled tortillas, seam side down, in a 13 x 9 pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, sour cream or guacamole if desired.
I wanted enchiladas tonight so came on a searched for one and came across this one. They were very good!!! if i were making this for kids though the only thing i would change would be to put a little less taco seasoning in. thanks for the great recipe!!
Love these and they are so easy to make. I love enchiladas and now I don't have to spend big bucks to eat out. I wonder if you can freeze them then just take them out of the freezer and bake them. Thank You so much for posting these wonderful Enchiladas.
Amazing recipe! We loved it. I followed the recipe but added a small pinch of cumin and cilantro. Will definitely be good leftovers.