Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Really good recipe for a favorite. It's really easy to make!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped roughly
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped Ortega chiles
- In a large saute pan, cook the onion and garlic until the onion is soft, up to slightly browned.
- Add the ortega chiles (undrained), stir for 2 minutes, then add in the salsa.
- Crumble in the ground beef and cook thouroughly.
- 4 stir in 1/4 can of enchilada sauce, heat to boiling, then turn off the heat, and set aside.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a 9 inch skillet, warm up 1/4 can of enchilada sauce. Soften a tortilla in the sauce, put the softened tortilla into a 13x9 pan, place 2 tbsp of meat mixture onto the tortilla, and roll it up.
- Repeat 17 more times. There should be no meat mixture left, and you might need an additional 9x9 pan for enchiladas if you can't fit all 18 into the original pan.
- Cover enchiladas with mexican blend cheese (cheddar/jack). Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, don't forget to turn it off. Serve. Enjoy!