Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend, about three years ago. It takes a bit of time, and can be extremely messy (!), but it is also really, really good.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook hamburger. Drain.
- Cook taco seasoning in the water, making sure all powder is absorobed. Add meat, bring to a boil, then decrease heat to low, cook for 5 minutes Let cool slightly.
- Cook tortillas in enchilada sauce, about 1 minute each, then roll 1 tablespoon meat and 1 tablespoon cheese into tortilla. Place in greased baking dish. Continue until all meat is gone. Keep filling the fry pan with the sauce, but also thin with water periodically, otherwise it will get too strong. Top with any remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with your choice of refried beans, sliced lettuce, cubed tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole.