Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great served with a side of Refried beans. This is my grandma Eggleston's recipe she has used for years.
- 1 onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) can olives, Chopped
- 1 lb cheese, grated
- Boil onion in water, then drain.
- Add the juice of the onion to sauce made of tomato sauce & chili powder.
- Sautè garlic, hamburger, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Dip tortillas in sauce.
- Fill tortillas with hamburger, olives & cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas & bake.
- Add remaining cheese, etc.
- Enchiladas are done when cheese is melted.