Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very good easy recipe that was so amazingly delicious that I wanted to share the wealth. It is easy to make and a great hit. I used low fat evaporated milk, low fat shredded cheddar and low fat sour cream.
- 2 -3 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cansmild red enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, undrained
- 1 (7 inch) package corn tortillas (12 tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for a glass pan).
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray or grease it.
- In a medium bowl combine the enchilada sauce and sour cream.
- Combine evaporated milk, cheese and chilies in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- Layer with 4 tortillas, 1 cup enchilada sauce, 1 1/2 cups chicken, 1 cup cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce and cheese sauce.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Uncover and let sit for 10 minutes.
This was really good. When I put it into the oven I was afraid that it was a bit too soupy and that it wasn't gonna turn out right, but it turned out nice and thick just like lasagna should. I did add some shredded cheese to the top when it was done to melt while it was resting. I left the chilies out as my small kids aren't big on the spice factor yet, so I just added some jalepenos to mine on my plate. As I was putting it together I accidentally mixed the sour cream into the cheese mixture rather than the enchilada sauce but it still came out great. Thanks for the recipe!
This really was good! I found it a month or so ago with a coupon for Carnation milk attached so when I cut the coupon I cut the recipe too. I've been carrying it around with me since then and I found it while I was shopping so I bought the ingredients and made it tonight.
I used hamburger instead of chicken because I already had it cooked, everything else was the same. (Next time I'll use chicken) It was really good! It will defiantly be in my rotation.