Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great, mild soup. If you are looking to spice it up you can add a 4.5 oz. can of chopped green chillies. You can also substitute garlic powder for onion powder if you wish.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken breasts, with liquid
- 5 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked broken into 3 pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano (dried)
- 1 chopped onion (for garnish)
- shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (for garnish)
- Bring the first four ingredients to a boil in a large pot.
- When boiling add all the ingredients except the garnishes.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish and serve!
Very easy. Very good. I toned down the oregano a little (1/8 tsp) and used a real boneless chicken breast. I like the addition of the pasta alot.
Great soup! I halved the recipe, but otherwise followed it exactly, except for leaving out the garnishes--it didn't need them (and I forgot all about the cheese). It wasn't reminiscent of enchiladas (maybe they're different here in CA), but I added some hot sauce to it at the table (I was out of green chilies) and it gave it a nice kick. I served it with sourdough rolls, but tortilla chips would have worked too. The best thing about this recipe is how quick, easy and healthy it is. Thanks for saving me $30 on the take-out we would have bought if not for your recipe (it was a very long day and I had no energy to cook).