Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an amazing, hearty soup recipe that I created when I couldn't find a soup to match my craving.
- 1 lb steak
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchili-ready canned tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cube steak and brown.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté in olive oil until onions are slightly transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 20 minutes. The longer you simmer it, the better it will taste.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, Fritos or tortilla chips (optional).
Really wonderful soup. Much thicker and heartier than I had imagined. I used extra hot Rotel and fat free refried beans. I topped with fat free sour cream and fat free cheddar and a little cilantro. Muy bueno!