Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
So very tasty! It's my own personal recipe - since I've never been in Mexico I can't tell whether the taste is authentic or not. But I like it ;)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flour or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄16-1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In a sauce pan combine tomato sauce and water, and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in dry ingredients, lower heat and simmer 30-50 minute.
- Add lime juice and simmer 5-10 minute.