Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the best Authentic Enchilada sauce I've come across. Moisten meat filling with this sauce; use in enchiladas or as meat accompaniment.
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 cups beef broth
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In large saucepan saute garlic in oil until lightly browned; discard garlic.
- Stir flour into oil until smooth; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in chili powder.
- Gradually stir in broth, tomato sauce, oregano, salt and cumin.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
Easy sauce, have made this sauce many times- enough said!! :) P.S. I'm hispanic, it's delicious
I loved this recipe. I will use this every time. This is definately better than any store bought brand. I omitted the fresh garlic and used garlic powder instead and I subbed beef stock for chicken broth. If you are looking for a recipe for enchilada sauce...This IS the one! Thanks for the recipe.
THE FLAVORS ARE FANTASTIC!! I was afraid the chili would be too much, it was excellent. I added some chipotle powder for some heat