Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rich, spicy flavour.
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or similar hot pepper sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pour tomato sauce into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add spices and stir. In a cup, combine warm water with flour until it forms a paste, then gradually add to tomato mixture while stirring. Let simmer for 10 minutes, to thicken. Cool the sauce then spoon over enchiladas or layered tortillas and cheese, then prepare according to enchilada recipe directions (usually, heat in 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes). Muy bueno!
Easy to put together and much healthier than the sodium-laden canned stuff or packaged mix. Used it on turkey enchiladas. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
This one is good alone, and very good when sour cream is added.
This is so easy to do. The taste is really good. I made it to use in recipe#386970 Thanks dandelionleaf :) Made for PAC Fall 2011