- 12 dried New Mexico chiles
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the stems off the dried chili peppers and seed them.
- Put them in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer until soft.
- In a blender add simmered peppers, onion, garlic,salt, and cumin. Blend adding 1/2 cup chicken stock at a time until it is the consistency you want.
- Enjoy over Enchiladas or in Pozole.