Misplaced Texan's Note:
A very good sauce from one of our favorite cooking shows.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, heat oil and add flour; smoothing and stirring with a wooden spoon for approximately 1 minute.
- 2Add chili powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3Add chicken stock, tomato paste, oregano and cumin.
- 4Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- 6The sauce will thicken and smooth out.
- 7Adjust seasonings, as desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchilada Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (853 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 1856.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 12.0 g