1/4 Photos of Enchilada Sauce
This is a very easy, quick enchilada sauce to use instead of the canned variety. We prefer to eat freshly made foods without alot of preservatives. This has a wonderful flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Add onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce.
- 4Mix together and then stir in the water.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Use in place of canned enchilada sauce.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Enchilada Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1704.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g