Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
After buying one of them diner kits I wanted to be able to make the sauce myself as this would save me money. I found a recipe on another web site and over time I have changed it to become my own. I use this to make chicken enchiladas that my family love served with a refreshing salad and it so easy to make too.
- 2 (500 g) cartons passata
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and chopped (any colour)
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 hot chili peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground or dried coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- place all ingredients excluding 1 carton of passata into a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add remaining passata, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 mins stirring occasionly.
- Allow to cool and use for enchiladas or store in fridge or freezer until needed.