Recipe by Diana [KKc]
My mom somehow came up with this sauce and she won't tell me how, but it's darn good.
- 2 -3 dried poblano chiles
- 4 -5 dried california chilies
- 3 -4 dried arbol chilies (these are for heat so don't add a lot if you can't handle spicy)
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can meat broth (depending on what meat you put inside the actual tortilla use that kind of broth)
Directions See How It's Made
- First you want to clean the dried chillies thoroughly taking out all the seeds inside.
- Second you want to put the chilies in a medium sized sauce pan with just enough water to cover up the chilies.
- After the water is in the saucepan put it over the stove on med-high heat.
- You'll know when the chilies are ready when the water is a dark red color and has a nice smoky smell to it.
- Wash and cut the tomato in half and place it in a blender along with the chilies and the water it was cooked inches.
- Add the chicken/beef broth as well into the blender. and blend thoroughly.
- Place the mixture back in a bigger saucepan and wait for it to start simmering.
- While the sauce is going into a simmer you can shred the 1 lb of cheese if you didn't buy it shredded already.
- Once the sauce is simmering add in the shredded cheese and stir.
- Pour onto your enchiladas and enjoy. :].